Learn More About Our Oral Surgery Procedures. Call Today!770-766-8995
Come to an Experienced Dentist for Oral Surgery in Stone Mountain, GA
Regular checkups at Blankenship Family Dentistry are a great way to help prevent disease and keep you smiling boldly. However, sometimes oral surgery becomes necessary to restore health to your mouth. At our Stone Mountain, GA dentist office, Dr. Blankenship and Dr. Jordan will use surgical procedures to:Read Transcript
Dr. Jeffrey B.: Usually, any kind of oral surgery that you can comfortably do for a patient – and this is where you have to gauge each patient individually – that does not require general sedation, that's what we do. We do extractions. We tend not to do more complicated oral surgery on wisdom teeth. We do biopsies on people if some tissue looks a little bit different, a little bit funny, maybe suspicious. We don't do much in the way of cosmetic gum surgery. This is one of the things where there's people that are better at it than I am.
And when we do our cosmetic makeovers, the idea is not to take all the credit but get the best results you can, so that's when we'll call in a specialist who does pretty much nothing but that. That's about it. Baby teeth that don't wanna come out on time – if they get in the way of what the orthodontist is trying to do, we'll extract those, but here again, a lot of it is based on how comfortable the patient is, not my skill level.
- Eliminate dental pain so you feel better soon.
- Prevent problems in your overall health.
- Help catch early signs of oral cancer.
- Improve the look of your smile.
- Help you feel more confident when talking with others.
If desired, oral conscious sedation is available for any of our procedures. Our dentist will prescribe a small pill for you to take ahead of your appointment to help calm your anxious nerves. Under Dr. Jordan’s care, patients with special needs can also be put to sleep in a hospital OR.
Give our office a call today to schedule your appointment: 770-766-8995. Let us help keep you healthy! We are located at 1505 Lilburn-Stone Mountain Road, Suite 130 – just off the Stone Mountain Freeway.
Learn More About Our Oral Surgical Procedures
We have several surgical procedures we use to help our patients stay healthy and smiling. These include:
- Brush biopsies– This leading-edge technology helps determine whether unusual white or red spots in your mouth are cancerous or harmless. It is a simple procedure that collects a small tissue sample from your mouth quickly and painlessly. Early detection of oral cancer significantly improves the success of treatment.
- Tooth removal– We always work to save your damaged or diseased tooth if we can, but sometimes a tooth needs to be removed to prevent further problems. We’ll do it gently and comfortably.
- Wisdom tooth removal– If your incoming wisdom teeth are impacted, only partially emerged, or crowding your other teeth, we can remove them to eliminate discomfort and damage. Depending on your situation, we may refer you to another dental professional to have impacted wisdom teeth removed.
- Bone grafts– After a tooth is extracted, we sometimes find that a patient’s jawbone is not dense enough or strong enough to support a dental implant. In that situation, we can perform a bone graft by inserting a special material that the jaw will build new bone cells around. After a period of healing and growth, the jawbone will be ready for implants.