The best way to maintain a bright, healthy smile is through visits to our office twice a year for dental cleanings and exams in Stone Mountain. Here’s how regular checkups from Dr. Blankenship or Dr. Jordan will benefit you:Doctor Jordan Blankenship-Sniker on dental cleanings and exams Read Transcript
Dr. Jordan: When you come to our office for a dental exam and a cleaning, you expect to be greeted with a smile, figured out, ‟How are your kids? How are your family?” I always ask my patients how is their overall health. Because you get to see your dentist twice a year, whereas other doctors you only go to see when you're sick, I want to make sure that I'm steering my patients in the right direction. I'm not just a tooth doctor, I try to be a whole body doctor, making sure that everybody's healthy when they come.
Deleted: The next thing that they can expect when I do an exam is a full head-neck check. I do this for oral cancer. I want to make sure that nothing's going wrong, and if there is any abnormality, that we can catch it early and put people in the right direction and get them feeling good again.
Deleted: After that, I check all of their teeth, check all the fillings, any restorations, and make sure nothing's leaking, there's no cracks. I like to avoid problems. If I can catch them early, then that's doing a good job. The hygienist, after they do their cleaning, you can expect to feel really relaxed and rejuvenated when you have a clean mouth and happy, bright teeth.
- Cleaner teeth and healthier gums
- A white smile you can take pride in
- Early detection of serious health concerns
- Confidence to put forth your best smile in social settings
- Peace of mind that your oral health is under control
Call 770-766-8995 today to speak to our friendly staff. Schedule your next dental appointment, then give yourself a pat on the back for taking proactive steps to keep your smile healthy!
Optimize Your Total Body Health Through Regular Dental Checkups
At Blankenship Family Dentistry, our new patient dental exam is very thorough. We don’t want to miss the slightest detail that could cause your smile or your body’s health to suffer. Our teeth cleaning is equally extensive. You’ll leave our office with smooth, clean teeth that you can only get from the dentist! Here’s an overview of what you can expect at your routine dental checkup:
- Medical History Review – For convenience, new patients can complete their medical history and new patient forms online. We’ll also discuss specific issues or pain you’re having, as well as your goals for your smile.
- Digital X-rays – We’ll take a detailed look at your teeth, jaw, and nerves while exposing you to less radiation than traditional X-rays.
- Head and Neck Exam – Our dentists look for early signs of oral cancer.
- Full Dental Exam – We check for cavities, gum disease below the gumline, bite issues, and TMJ problems, and the condition of previous dental restorations. Our intraoral cameras allow you to see what we see. Plus, we use cavity detectors to locate tooth decay not visible to the naked eye.
- Complete Teeth Cleaning – Our team pays special attention to areas you might miss at home. Our hygienist will rid your mouth of disease-causing bacteria, plaque, and tartar.
- Detailed Review of Your Exam Findings – We’ll take time to answer any questions you have.
- Custom Treatment Plan With Financial Options – Depending on your situation, we will create a treatment plan at the time of your exam review or schedule another time to do so. We’ll work with you to customize a plan you’re completely comfortable with.
Regular dental cleanings and exams in Stone Mountain will help you maintain oral health and complete body health! Call 770-766-8995 today to schedule your appointment.