- We’ll see you on the same day if possible
- We can repair your smile with restorative dentistry
- Ease your anxiety with an oral sedative
No one likes to think about dental emergencies in Stone Mountain, but they sometimes happen. If you’re faced with an urgent dental need, call Blankenship Family Dentistry at 770-766-8995 now. Dr. Blankenship and Dr. Jordan reserve appointment time for emergencies, so we can usually see you the same day. Here are some benefits of urgent dental care in our office:Dr. Jordan Blankenship-Sniker on dental emergencies Read Transcript
Dr. Jordan Blankenship-Sniker on dental emergencies
Dr. Jordan: I actually had a dental emergency the other week. A 16-year-old guy had a baseball to the face, and those are always one of those that you get the phone call and you're like, His tooth doesn't look right, it's cracked, there's blood, I don't know what's going on, so you start thinking worse-case scenario. You start putting out, All right, we might need to root canal, we might need this, we might need that. When they come into our office, we asses the situation, we talk to them about what's going on, take all the pictures we need, but the main thing is to get them out of pain first. They come to us because they're in pain and they don't know what's happening, so what we want to do is make sure that we relieve both of those high-anxiety problems. Then, once everybody's a little bit calmer, we can address the situation. That's where I think Dad and my expertise comes in, where long term, this could be a good choice, but for now, this could be a good choice. We talk with the patients and figure out what's the best thing for you at that time.
- Quick attention to eliminate your pain and discomfort
- Conscious oral sedation if needed
- Expert dental care to treat your immediate need, including restorative care to repair damaged smiles
- Long-term smile-saving protection
- Recommendations for other care to help keep your smile healthy and bright
Call us now for your urgent dental appointment: 770-766-8995. Get the care you need to smile comfortably!
Protect Your Smile in a Dental Emergency
We see many different types of dental emergency situations at Blankenship Family Dentistry. If you’re in pain, we consider it an emergency. Below are some common problems that require immediate attention, along with critical steps to take before your appointment with us. With all of these emergencies, an over-the-counter pain reliever may help you feel more comfortable. Be sure to take as directed on the package.
- Toothache – A simple toothache could be a sign of a bigger problem, such as an abscess (infection). Rinse your mouth with warm water, then use an ice pack to help with swelling and pain. Call us so we can get you proper care soon.
- Broken or Chipped Tooth – Save any broken pieces then call us immediately. You can use ice to help with pain and swelling.
- Lost Filling – Fill the space with sugar-free gum or dental cement as a temporary measure. Call our office to get a new filling.
- Loose or Dislodged Tooth – Call us immediately for an emergency appointment. Apply ice or a cold compress to alleviate pain and swelling.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Time is a critical factor in saving your tooth. Retrieve your tooth by the crown (don’t touch the roots), and place it in salt water, milk, or saliva to preserve it. Call us immediately for an appointment.
- Loose or Broken Crown – If possible, try to reattach the crown to your tooth. After cleaning it, coat the inside surface with dental cement or toothpaste to keep it in place. Call us for an appointment so we can reattach it.