Our dentists and staff at Blankenship Family Dentistry keep our patients’ smiles healthy and bright using a variety of dental services and techniques. General dentistry in Stone Mountain is a big part of these services. Below are a few important benefits of this type of dentistry:Dr. Jordan Blankenship-Sniker on general dentistry Read Transcript
Dr. Jordan: General dentistry, I think, is the best part of dentistry. You get a little bit of everything, and you're like the gatekeeper. You're the first line of defense for when someone has a problem.
Deleted: We are trained to do root canals, fillings, cosmetic cases, orthodontics, dentures. Like I said, a little bit of everything. When someone comes to us, we have the education to talk to them about what's going on and how it's affecting their health in general. We know our scope of practice. We can either do it ourselves, or if it gets a little bit too complicated, we know who to refer to.
- Better oral health for a cleaner, whiter smile
- Detection of problems like TMJ and orthodontic issues
- Medical history review and discussion of specific oral and dental issues
- Improved self-esteem and confidence in social interactions
- Regular oral cancer screenings through oral, head, and neck exams
- Cavity detectors to catch signs of decay not visible to the naked eye
Take care of your smile now and help it last for life! Call us today to schedule your next dental appointment: 770-766-8995. You can fill out your medical history and new patient forms beforehand to save time at your first visit.
Maintain Optimal Oral Health With Our General Dental Services
We will work with you to determine a treatment plan based on your needs, comfort, and budget. Our general dental services aimed at preventing cavities and other problems include:
- Exams and Teeth Cleanings – We will take digital X-rays and give you a complete dental exam to check for cavities, gum disease, orthodontic problems, TMJ issues, and oral cancer. Your hygienist will thoroughly clean your teeth, removing harmful bacteria and plaque. We will take time to discuss your exam results and answer any questions you have.
- Gum Disease Treatment – Our team can deep clean your gums of plaque, tartar, and bacteria and get them back on the road to good health.
- Dental Sealants – Sealants are sometimes recommended as a part of cavity prevention. They act as a barrier between your teeth and decay-causing bacteria.
- Fluoride Treatments and Varnishes – Protect your smile against cavities with these easy treatments. Fluoride helps prevent cavities and can even reverse decay in its early stages.
- Nutritional Counseling – We educate our patients on how the foods we eat play an important role in oral and total body health.
- Athletic and Bruxism Mouthguards – Get a custom-fit mouthguard to protect your teeth against injury during sports or from damage caused by bruxism (teeth grinding). Bruxism mouthguards can also help alleviate TMJ discomfort (the temporomandibular joints on both sides of your head).