Visit a Dentist Committed to the Stone Mountain Community
Dr. Jeffrey Blankenship and Dr. Jordan are Georgia natives and longtime residents of the Stone Mountain area. Along with our dental staff, they believe in giving back to our local community for the betterment of everyone. Below are some ways Blankenship Family Dentistry does that:Read Transcript
Dr. Jordan: I like giving back. That makes me feel good, and I know it's not necessarily a selfless act when you do something like that, but helping those that necessarily can't help themselves or aren't in a position to get the care that they need means a lot to me.
We do the Georgia Mission of Mercy, which is where we provide free dental care for over 2,000 citizens of Georgia that are low- and no-income families, and educate them on how to make sure that this doesn't happen again. Sometimes it is hard for people to come to the dentist. They have to take off work or work doesn't let them get off, they've got kids, life kinda gets in the way, and we want to make sure that we're helping everyone that we can.
We're also very involved with the local high school, Parkview High School, and that's my alma mater. Dad's always been a supporter of the sports leagues and the academic leagues there.
Another thing that we like to do is we like to give back to the autism community, because our family is personally impacted by autism, and we know that so many people in the community are also involved with that. I don't think anybody can say they don't know someone that has autism – whether it's a child, or a cousin, or a stepchild, everyone's impacted. So it's been wonderful doing the autism walks and doing the Special Smiles and everything.
- Our office sponsors several Parkview High School sports teams, including football, soccer, tennis, cheerleading, and lacrosse.
- Dr. Jordan has actively participated in Georgia free dentistry.
- Every year we host a Christmas party for the children of the Atlanta Mission homeless shelter. We have Santa and his elves, presents, games, and toothbrushes, toothpaste, and other oral hygiene items.
- Our dentists and staff volunteer with the Georgia Mission of Mercy to provide over 2,000 low- and no-income adults with free dental care.
- We visit preschoolers to talk about the importance of oral health, teach them to properly clean their teeth, and show them that a dentist isn’t a scary person.
- We sponsor various organizations related to diseases such as Alzheimer’s, autism, and cancer. This includes Reclif, the fitness therapy center for kids and adults with autism and other disabilities. The center was created by Dr. Blankenship’s son and Dr. Jordan’s brother.