Repair Your Damaged Or Broken Teeth With Crowns & Bridges. Call Today!770-766-8995
Complete a Beautiful Smile With Dental Crowns & Bridges in Stone Mountain
Dealing with damaged and missing teeth isn’t much fun. Biting and chewing can be chores, and other people may have a hard time understanding what you’re saying. Restorations with dental crowns and bridges at Blankenship Family Dentistry can change all that, however.Read Transcript
Dr. B: Bridges help replace missing teeth. So if you're missing a molar, on the outset it may not sound like it's really that big of a deal, but it vastly changes your ability to chew foods.
If you're missing more than one tooth in more than one place, all you have to do is ask that person, ‟Well, how well do you chew?” and they're not going to say, ‟Hey, great, like I used to.” But when you replace missing teeth, that's when all your function is restored. Bridges restore missing teeth, so in a nutshell, that's what it is.
Crowns on the other hand are used to restore large amounts of missing tooth structure. That's the simplest way to put it. If you break a tooth and a filling's not strong enough to maintain it, then a crown is when you get it.
Also, you can use crowns for cosmetic purposes. If you have teeth that are malpositioned, there's techniques for making the crowns bigger or smaller to make them appear as if they're actually in line, or we've had orthodontics done. I don't like doing that unless it's an absolute must, but it can be done.
But we try to explain to people what the benefits of crowns are and how they'll help you specifically. Every case is a little bit different.
When you do have a crown done here, we're very attuned to your comfort, and also to the cosmetics of when you leave, does this tooth look like it was there to begin with? Is it natural looking? And does it function the way that it is supposed to be functioning?
Dr. Jeffrey Blankenship and Dr. Jordan Blankenship-Sniker, a father-daughter dental duo, can give you back your smile in our Stone Mountain dentist office. Benefits of getting new crowns or bridges include:
- Filling in your teeth with metal-free 100 percent porcelain restorations.
- Seeing a beautiful, balanced smile in the mirror.
- Helping you enjoy eating a wider variety of foods.
- Making talking easier so others can understand you – the first time.
- Restoring functionality to broken or diseased teeth.
- Helping you appear healthier and more robust.
Call us at 770-766-8995 today to learn more about these fantastic restorations. Enjoy having a set of fully functional teeth again!
Take Advantage of Several Options For Crowns or Bridges
At Blankenship Family Dentistry, you have choices when it comes to dental crowns and bridges – all of which are beautiful, state-of-the-art porcelain restorations containing no metal. Below are some of your options:
- Single crown for tooth repair– You can get a natural-looking porcelain crown to cap a damaged or diseased tooth. It will blend in beautifully with your other teeth so that no one will even know the tooth has been repaired.
- Single implant crown– If you have a missing tooth, we can secure a new crown to a dental implant that an oral surgeon has placed in your jaw. The finished product will look and function just like your natural tooth with about 90 percent of your original biting and chewing capacity.
- Fixed bridge– A bridge contains natural-looking replacement teeth and spans the area left by one or more missing teeth. The appliance anchors on either end to your existing teeth.
- Implant bridge– This kind of bridge is similar to a fixed bridge except that it anchors to two or more implants instead of your own teeth. Its advantage is that is doesn’t require any modification to your natural teeth to place it.
For a new smile with dental crowns and bridges, call us today at 770-766-8995.